Hi there! I'm Lucas Balzer.
I work with small and medium businesses building tools to help their brand succeed.
I deliver solutions for new and redesigned websites, brand update projects, custom web development, print and graphic design, and environmental branding.
If you're an agency and want to white label my work, we should talk.
- The Idea: Travis needed client-facing messaging to help customers understand the process of his new after hours dropoff and pickup options.
- The Idea: Your logo is the visual summary of your company and its brand. More than nice shapes and words, a logo should encapsulate the values and customer expectations of your brand.
- The Idea: Asante Foundation asked me to redesign their donor investment opportunity materials. They needed a form factor that allowed each package to be customized to the interests of a prospect, but would also benefit from the cost savings of printing in quantity.
- The idea: After Green Drop Garage expanded to a second location, it was clear that both locations needed some serious exterior work. Farhad wanted to stamp his brand on each location, but was unsure of how to accomplish this due to the unique nature of the buildings.
- The Idea: A technology association needed a system to provide an email forwarding service. Email sent to members at the association's domain would be forwarded to their personal email address. The catch was that the association did not want to configure a forwarding service every time a member joined or left. Members also needed a dead-simple way to manage their own forwarding preferences
- Asante Foundation needed both an art director and production designer to develop and build high-profile print materials supporting multiple concurrent campaigns.
Since 2012, I’ve worked with Green Drop to grow their brand identity, implement new initiatives and build new tools.I met Farhad in 2012 and we have since completed many other projects together, from branding the exterior of both his locations via paint and signage, to restructuring the Green Drop customer model to a subscription based, monthly-recurring-revenue model.
- I have worked with a number of shops that wanted to say YES to more clients. By white-labeling my services, these agencies were able to take on projects knowing they had a reliable contractor to deliver the work on time and on budget.
But don't take my word for it
Lucas has been an indispensable partner in helping to create and grow our company brand identity across many different mediums. His understanding of process and structure has also helped us implement many new initiatives ranging from marketing, to interior design, to how we schedule our resources. Lucas provides solutions.
Lucas is the kind of guy everyone wants on their team. The answer is always “Yes, I can make this work.” What I appreciate most about him is that he works within your budget and parameters, but is very honest about strategy and details, always improving the end product with his practiced eye and vast experience. He is a rare bird in that he is a true visionary but has the practical skill to manifest the vision.
Lucas has not only carried out our vision countless times to perfection, but he's helped us with vision when all we knew was that we had a need.
Lucas created a website that is both clean looking and filled with critical information. Visually, it’s striking without being overpowering, and is the best way I’ve found to convey information about my work. Lucas suggests creative ways to help me and my work stand out among the crowd.
Do you have a new system you want to implement?
Does your website need some attention?
Do you just need someone to talk to?
All projects require some degree of customized approach. Give me a little background on the type and scope of project you're interested in embarking on, and I'll get back with you right away.
Why dream about your business?
Other than the obvious answers of minimizing costs or improving employee satisfaction, the answer is your brand. You have a logo, a website and some business cards, so you have a brand, right? Well, sort of.
More than just a logo and a website, a brand is the entire set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another. If the consumer doesn't pay a premium, select your product or spread the word about you, then your brand has little value for that consumer.
In this context, a brand's value then is the sum total of how much extra people will pay for your product, or how often they choose your product over others, plus the expectations, memories, stories and relationships your customer values over all the alternatives. And that is worth investing in.
You want a strong brand, and a brand that has value, so your customers will remember and choose you over the competition, so your customers are willing to pay a premium for the quality you provide, and so they choose to spread the word and grow your brand value on your behalf.
I work with my clients to bring to life the dreams that build their brand, that infuse it with value, and that leverage the quality and consistency of their products and services to create a memorable and successful customer experience.